CLIFF takes both guest and employee safety extremely seriously. Please read our CLIFF COVID-19 NOTICE
local staff, produce and sustainable luxury
Sustainability – Cliff House Hotel
CLIFF have a deep commitment to local staff, produce and sustainable luxury
CLIFF takes its commitment to sustainable practices seriously by taking the below measures.
- We only use our small batch The Well at CLIFF products, made in Ireland with natural ingredients.
- In our spa, all of our professional products containers are recycled or reused.
- We accept returns on our spa retail packaging and offer a discount for every three containers returned.
- At the spa and in our bars and restaurants we use biodegradable cups and straws.
- We refill all of our glass bottles with the water from a filter system.
- We source food as locally as possible, a large percentage of fresh vegetables for Cliff House Hotel are grown in a unique partnership with St Raphael’s Centre for people with intellectual disabilities.
- At all properties we use low energy lightbulbs and recycle all of our paper.
- We operate an environmentally conscious laundry facility in house, cutting down on transportation emissions.
- Our waste bins are divided into food, recycle and general waste.
- Over half our hotel is covered in a green roof, increasing the absorption of carbon dioxide and the release of oxygen. This lowers the building’s carbon footprint and provides a healthier environment for all its inhabitants.
- We have biodegradable golf balls which you can hit out to our floating green in the sea, these golf balls are made of fish food.